Training & Experience
After an earlier professional life in teaching, writing, and editing, my curiosity about what makes us who we are, prompted me to pursue a graduate degree in social work.
I went on to other certificate programs following my interests—in Childhood Trauma, Psychodynamic Psychotherapy for Adults, PACT (Psychobiological Approach to Couple Treatment) and a six-year program in psychoanalysis.
I continue to participate in several study groups and to teach and supervise.
- Therapy for Adoptive families
- Psychodynamic therapy, Chicago
- Clinical service and administration for children and families, Westchester County
- Mental health consultant for a number of pre-schools and daycare centers, helping children, families and staff address problems that interfered with healthy functioning
- Private practice, since 2007